Sunday, January 24, 2010

Briar Rose

This month has been pretty busy for me with work, getting my application ready for Graduate school, and starting my preparation for Miss New York. But last night I got to enjoy some down time with my family in New York City. My sister, Kaitlyn, performed in an Off-Broadway production called Briar Rose at the Roy Arias Theatre Center. It is based on the tale of Sleeping Beauty (the Brothers Grimm version). The PipeDream Theatre Company first premiered this musical in Staten Island, which my sister was involved with as a cast member of the original cast. In this version, my sister was part of the ensemble as a featured dancer. She was also the Dance Captain and one of the Choreographers. She did an amazing job!!! I am so proud of her.


Kaitlyn with Sal Pavia (Vice) and Lisa Ann Wetzel (Versa)

Speaking of busy I spent the whole day packing because on Tuesday morning my Mom and I are flying to Las Vegas for the Miss America Pageant! Best of luck to the beautiful and genuine Miss New York Alyse Zwick! We can't wait to cheer her on as she competes for the title of Miss America 2010. I will be posting how the week goes so make sure you check it out. Make sure you also tune in the the Miss America Pageant LIVE on TLC on January 30th at 8PM.