Wednesday, January 27, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISS NEW YORK! Miss America Preliminary Night Two

Did you know I was suppose to be on EXTRA tonight??? Ok so here is the rundown of my very interesting morning...I was on my way to the gym when an EXTRA reporter stopped me and asked me if I watch American Idol. At first, I thought he was some crazy guy but I realized he was legit when I saw the camera and EXTRA microphone. I responded, "Yes?" (not sure what he wanted). He was shooting a segment that dealt with what happened on American Idol last night. Apparently, Katy Perry and Cara got into a heated argument and wanted people who were at the Planet Hollywood to comment on it. I decided to go with the flow and went with him to Starbucks in the hotel to shoot my response. Here is a little inside scoop: the question segments are all staged! There was a list of answers that had to be said. So I picked "Katy looked genuinely annoyed with Cara, and plus I think Cara is a little annoying to me." I had fun with the segment. The reporter told me he had to find three more people before a certain deadline in order for the segment to air....well it looks like he did not find three other people because my family from New York told me they showed the fight from American Idol but never showed the questioning piece. Oh well =( ...at least I can say I have been interviewed by EXTRA.

Andrea Plummer, Miss New York 2001


Back to Miss America! My Mom and I spent some time at the Miss America Trade Show. Everything pageantry is at the trade show. This gives contestants an opportunity look for gowns, shoes, jewelry, accessories, etc. Some companies present at the trade show were Red Carpet Pageant and Prom Gowns, Regalia, Crown Clips, and Aliz International.

Kara Jae Kowalski, Miss New York's Outstanding Teen 2009

Tonight was the second night of preliminaries and I knew it was going to be a great night. Alyse competed in swimsuit and evening wear (her strongest phases of competition). And she did not disappoint. She looked INCREDIBLE in both competitions. Her body looked amazing in swimsuit. Her confidence was so dominant over the other contestants. And her evening gown...S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G!!! She wore a purple couture gown that looks amazing on her. She worked that gown so well. It was definitely the most unique out of the whole pageant thus far.


RaeceenWoolford, Miss Hawaii 2009

Finally, it was time to announce the winners...."and the swimsuit preliminary winner is....Miss New York Alyse Zwick!" I just remember screaming my head off when her name was announced. I am so happy for her! Also, Miss California, Kristy Cavinder, won the preliminary talent award for her Ballet en Pointe to the Slave Maiden Variation from "Le Corsaire". It was a technical and powerful routine. However, it was hard to pick a winner because all the talents tonight were on point.


Alyse Zwick, Miss New York 2009

Kristy Cavinder, Miss California 2009

Finally, I want to wish Alyse a very Happy Birthday!!! What a great birthday present: Swimsuit Preliminary Winner!