Two BIG announcements happened today:
1. The Miss America Pageant is back on network television!!! Sam Haskell, III, Board Chairman of the Miss America Organization, announced today on Fox and Friends with Miss America 1989 Gretchen Carlson along with Caressa Cameron, Miss America 2010, that the pageant will celebrate its 90th anniversary with a multi-year deal with the ABC Television Network as their network television partner for the 2011 Miss America Pageant. The pageant will be presented on January 15, 2011. Miss America has not aired on network television since 2004. ABC will now once again retain the exclusive telecast rights through 2013.
"We were given a chance to re-brand, to keep what was traditional but make ourselves more today, and I think we've done that," Haskell said. "We're now back with a lot of strength and back to show everyone that Miss America is the American tradition. It's a pop icon."
2. Remember when I had my television interview for the Not On Tobacco program? Well, Time Warner Cable has just announced the air dates for that interview! Here they are:
- Wednesday, June 23, 2010 at 7:30pm on Channel 35
- Thursday, June 24, 2010 at 10:30am on Channel 34
- Wednesday, June 30, 2010 at 7:30pm on Channel 35
- Wednesday, July 1, 2010 at 10:30am on Channel 34
The interview can be seen on Time Warner Cable Television- SICTV and Version Fios on SI. The interview will also be aired in Brooklyn and Queens.