Lili Beit, Senior Application Manager for the Professional
Services Department and Organizer of the Spring Fling
- $10 for Measuring Utensils to promote healthy eating skills with proper cups and spoons for nutrition class on carbohydrate counting.
- $15 for Awards and Certificates to reinforce skills learned and goals reached in diabetes management.
- $20 for Sports Equipment including basketballs, soccer balls, jump ropes, and exercise tapes to encourage physical activity while providing fun.
- $50 for Swim Fund including bathing suits, swim caps, goggles, and swim shoes to promote healthy exercise habits and water safety skills.
- $75 for Scholarship to send a child to Camp CHAM.
- $100 for Coaches and Speakers to share their expertise and teach the children new skills.
- $200 for Field Trips to expand the campers' horizons with outings to the Bronx Zoo, Playland, and more.
After my shift was complete, I mingled with the employees of the Montefiore Hospital and discussed the connection of the Children's Miracle Network with the Miss America Organization. Staff and children of the Camp CHAM thanks attendees for supporting the Spring Fling and for giving kids with diabetes the opportunity to forget about their disease and enjoy quality time with family and friends. Two of the Camp CHAM kids, Maxine and Jose, talked about how much fun they have at the camp each year and are excited to return again in the summer. These adorable kids are so inspiring!
Before the night concluded, I was asked to emcee the raffle drawings. Maxine, one of the Camp CHAM kids, was a great helper assisting me by handing me the winning tickets. This was Montefiore's most successful Spring Fling to date. The event grossed over $11,000, which is more than any of the previous three years of hosting this event. After deducting a few expenses, the Montefiore hospital will be able to donate $10,000 to Camp CHAM. This is the fourth year in a row the hospital has achieved this goal! It was a privilege to have been able to participate with one of the ten Children's Miracle Network hospitals in New York. I can definitely see why May is for Miracles.