- Teens are successful in quitting smoking completely or reducing the amount of cigarettes they are smoking dramatically.
- Teens gain a sense of control over smoking.
- Teens are motivated to do well in school.
- They build a positive relationship with the other teens in the program.
- They have improved physical fitness, managing stress better, and are eating better.
- Teens are saving money (Cigarette packs cost over $2000 per year).
Tonight I was invited as a guest on a local television show at Time Warner Cable TV Studios to discuss my position as a facilitator for the American Lung Association's Not On Tobacco Program. The episode is a half hour long and will be aired on Staten Island and Brooklyn during the month of June. When the interview was over, one of the producers came up to me and said, "Wow! I cannot believe you knew so much about the program and you didn't have any notes!" What a great compliment! That's when you know you fully embody your platform. It becomes a part of you. My crusade in having a generation of non-smokers has been a part of my life for the past nine years. And I have no intention of stopping now.
David Wyle, Director