Thursday, June 24, 2010

Miss New York-Day Four

It's 8:45AM at the Community Center. I take a few last breaths and close my eyes, visualizing the event that is about to happen. The doors open in front of me, and I begin my long walk to the podium. Smiling at the judges as they greeted me, I began to feel this excitement throughout my whole body. Once I hit the podium, I was ready to begin what I had been waiting for all year: my interview for the job of Miss New York. The judges were clearly enthusiastic to learn everything they could about me. We talked about how I could market the Miss New York Organization, my platform T.E.A.C.H., my career ambitions, and some current events just to name a few. I felt this personal connection with each judge. With a blink of an eye, my interview was over. I walked out of that room feeling confident that I had expressed my passion and devotion to my platform, the Children's Miracle Network, and the Miss America/New York Organizations. I literally clinched my fists together and said "YES!" knowing I had conveyed everything I possibly wanted to discuss with them. This was honestly the best interview of my life!


With plenty of down time until rehearsal, I spent the rest of my morning working out at the gym, sorting through my competition stuff, and had lunch with the girls. The rest of the day was spent at the Performing Arts Center for rehearsal. You could feel the anticipation in the theatre was building as we perfected Friday night's show. We were all ready and excited to continue showing the judges what each of us had to offer to the Miss New York Organization.

**Congratulations to my sorority sister, Martha Price, who was the Preliminary Talent winner at Miss Connecticut!!!**